Entry-level Food Technologist or Food Scientist
This position is responsible to develop food and beverage formulation, considering food safety and best practices, to show case or test BPF flavors.
In addition, the position holder is responsible to test systematically new ingredients, document the results in the appropriate IT systems and include new ingredients in the BPF application formulas.
The position is responsible to work independent and timely on projects and consult customers in scale-up to production procedures or production problems or support the clients in product development.
The tasks include researching flavor and food nutritional claims and finished product labeling requirements.
Staying up-to date with the latest food trends and the newest food and beverage production technologies is key.
- Solid knowledge of in Food Science, Food Technology, Health and Nutrition, but other experience will be considered, and/or the ability to produce food and beverages applying the FDA, USDA and Food Safety Modernization Act requirements. Interpret regulatory information as required and appropriately related to food / flavoring requirements. Ability to work effectively with customers and all levels of the organization.
- High organizational, verbal and effective communication in English.
- Proficiency in IT systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-starter who delivers against tight deadlines, but as a team player.
- Strong sense of customer service and work ethics.
- Ability to work machinery, equipment and in production environments.
B.S. Degree or M.S. Degree in Food Science/ Food Technology/Health & Nutrition or Engineering, Biochemistry or related fields. A minimum of 2 years of applicable experience in the Beverage and Food Industry or relevant work experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Knowledge of flavorings is a plus. Certifications in Food Safety, HACCP and or auditing is a plus.